Friday, July 6, 2007

Source Critique #1

The article “Main Causes of the Great Depression’ by Paul Alexander Gusmorino
was published on May 13th 1996 online on gusmorino.com by the author himself. This article is about the some of the causes of the Great Depression. I could not tell if this was a blog or an article because the main page of the website was down.
Some of the main points of this article were the causes of the Great Depression.
He states that the depression was caused by the greatly unequal distribution of wealth throughout the 1920's, and the extensive stock market speculation that took place during the latter part that same decade. It was also caused by the growing gap between the rich and the poor in terms of economy.
When I searched Google for the authors name, I found that he had written a lot of articles about American history. He had also written an article about a possible second Great Depression which’s means he must know enough about the first one to be able to predict another one.
I believe the article is useful for me because my cause/effect essay is about the causes of the Great Depression and this article states most of the causes that I need to be able to write the essay.

No comments: