Friday, July 6, 2007

Summary and Response to “The Rival Conceptions of God”

The Article “The Rival Conceptions of God” by C.S. Lewis is about the how some religions view God. He starts out by stating the views of Atheist and Christians and how all religions are right about all things but some are more right then the others. Then Lewis goes into detail the Pantheism and the Christian ideals of God. Then he raises a question a go. Then he concludes his article by how he used to be an Atheist and how he used the excuse of no god being “If a god good made the world, why has it gone wrong?” and states that is how it is pointless try to answer that because no one knows the true meaning of “just and unjust.”
I usually don’t like religious type articles even though I am a religious person my self, I actually wanted to finish this one. I liked the fact that this article was written by a former atheist that converted into Christianity and actually knew what he was talking about. I agree with him on how Christians and other religions should acknowledge that there are other religions and they not wrong in terms of god and the existence of man. I also agree with him that we can’t blame God on the condition of the world that it is in.
I’m curious on how my priest would take this essay.

No comments: